|J-90 “Goliath” Turbofan Engine|
|Maximum thrust||360 kN|
|Fuel consumption||0.58 /s|
|Intake air consumption||132.27 /s|
What is the fastest jet engine in KSP?
TOP SPEED IN STOCK 1.0.4:
- Nefrums Has made it to Mach 5.15 and a speed of 1554.7 m/s before it exploded and made jebs body into monocles spread into the atomsphere XD.
- Zipmafia a Veteran Has reappeared from the blackness and has made it to Mach 4.45 and has breached the speed of 1531.9 m/s.
How much air does a jet engine consume?
A typical commercial jet engine takes in 1.2 tons of air per second during takeoff—in other words, it could empty the air in a squash court in less than a second. The mechanism by which a jet engine sucks in the air is largely a part of the compression stage.
Why does my plane Keep flipping in KSP?
If this happens in the air, though (and typically only at high-speed), it sometimes has to do with having a forward center-of-drag. If your CoD is forward of the CoM, it will make your plane unstable flying forward (but stable backward – lucky you!) and it will try to flip around.
How do jet engines work KSP?
A jet engine is an air-breathing engine which uses onboard liquid fuel and combusts it with the oxygen drawn from the atmosphere. Due to the lower air pressure at higher altitudes its thrust output decreases accordingly. Technically, any rocket engine is also a jet engine as it forms a high-speed jet of reaction mass.
How do you get Delta V in KSP?
There are four basic techniques to increase the delta-V of a spacecraft:
- Use more efficient engines (ones with higher Isp).
- Increase fuel mass by adding more tanks, though this has diminishing returns.
- Reduce dry mass (anything that is not fuel, reducing upper stage mass is most important).